Monday, May 17, 2010

Not having access to the labs makes Megan a sad girl :(

Unfortunately for me, Key Control shut off my FOB last Friday, so I didn't get to work at all over the weekend. To be honest, i've been struggling... alot with Vector, mostly do to my being 3+ years rusty with Illustrator and even then I really didn't know it. Being a Painter first, alot of it seems counter-intuitive. I've restarted my Masterstudy multiple (5+) times because I thought I was doing something wrong. Now i've finally got something figured out (and thank goodness I saved my books from Intro to Comm. Art and the tutorials have helped), so i'll show a progress shot and i'll post the finished later.
Fortunately, I got a start on my Original last week too, so i'll post finished shots later too.

3 comments:

Mike Blake Studio said...

Well that is disheartening..good luck catching up. Well on the bright side at least you have 5 times you've practiced the cat picture...and by the time you get to the final one you should have it mastered!

Jacob Gorman said...

keep trying megan. what you have is a good start. can't wait to see more.

profbabcock said...

Looking good.
Keep using those layers. Go ahead and get started on your original. You don't want to crowd out your time for that.